Selected for an Amazing Contest
The assignment said that I was able to read anything for the free choice blog and I just have to say it because I am super pumped about this so sorry if it isn’t a chapter of a book or an article of anything. If it doesn’t meet expectations please let me know and I’ll do another one.
So, this past weekend I was non stop working on this fan art of these characters from a company called Voctro Labs, and I found out that they were having a contest looking for artists to design their new Spanish VOCALOID (Vocaloid is a singing synthesizer application originally developed by the Yamaha Corporation that enables users to synthesize singing by typing in words into the system and it will sing! There are now over 50 different voices ranging mostly in Japanese to Chinese, Korean, English, and Spanish). I submitted an email saying I was more than interested in designing their new VOCALOID and also sent some previous artworks I have done. (I didn’t realize until the day after it was due that I was late in submitting my entry) So the next day I got an e-mail from Voctro Labs saying that I was one of the selected artists to design the new Spanish VOCALOID! To sum the e-mail up, it said that after taking a loo at my work (among others who had submitted) that they thought that I would be a good candidate to design the VOCALOID. It said that I could design it freely with some restrictions with it being female, age 15-30, pop-diva style, drawn anime/manga style and had to be an original design. If my design is picked I have to give them all the rights to it but will be given a lot of credit. Demos of the voice were provided to give us an idea of the design and we have to complete it be the 15th.
My reaction to reading this ecstatic! I was so happy and surprised and couldn’t believe that they actually selected me! I was jumping up and down and just had to tell my friends and family. My mom made me call my dad at work just to tell him. Now, though, I don’t know what to do for her design and I haven’t started yet! I’m going to ask my best friend for help so hopefully (and I’m crossing my fingers for this) that I win. If my design gets chosen, my heart would literally skip a beat!
The authors intent was obviously to inform the reader of the e-mail that we were chosen for this amazing and huge contest. They gave us details for the design and a deadline. And it bet it made everyone who read excited and ready to start working on this design as best as they could. (Now saying this makes me less confident knowing that there are most likely better artists but I guess I am still really good to be able to be in this group selected by Voctro Labs! Patterns of organization I observed are Order of Importance. The e-mail gave the more important information first saying that I was a candidate and then on to what they expect all the way to the deadline.
Here’s a link to the fan art of their previous Spanish VOCALOID’s that I did:
Click the picture to enlarge
No comments:
Post a Comment