Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Free Choice Blog

Skinned

I have just started reading a book called "Skinned," by Robin Wasserman. This is the summary of the third chapter of the book.

Lia Kahn had imagined having a terribly burned and scare face after her horrific car accident. But when she looked in the mirror, her face was perfect, except, it wasnt her face, it was something else. BioMax, a boitech company, had downloaded her brain into a machine, a robot which people called them a 'skinner'. Lia didnt want to be in this and wanted to go back to her normal body, but they couldnt for it was just an unrecognizable charred pile of burned flesha and bone. Lia realized while looking at her dead body that even thought she knew it was disgusting and wretched, she couldnt 'feel' any of the emotions she would have had.

My personal reaction to reading this section was how much sadness and anger and despair I felt for Lia. I wouldn'twant the same thing to happen to me. (well, it might be kind of cool.) Having to see your burned body with amputated limbs and being able to feel sick like you used and just instead 'know' that you feel it because the brain computer is telling you what the feeling should be instead of actauly feeling that feeling.
I feel bad for Lia.

If I were to create notes to remember the important points from the book, I would use an outline. This type of note-taking style provides good information with just one word and I would know everything about or having to do with that information. Outlines are also more comfortable with me. I always use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment